It’s quite a mystery how I became interested in the outdoors… let alone Everest!
Years ago, I was:
- Afraid to be left alone, in fear of having another epileptic seizure – at nine years old.
- Hiding in the toilets at school through the anxiety of speaking in class.
- Throwing phones across the room in frustration at being unable to say my own name.
- Feeling worthless and utterly helpless due to bullying – both physical and verbal.
- Stuck in the depths of depression, panic attacks and eating disorders.
- Devoid of self-confidence, self-esteem or ambition in my young life.